MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Wilson K Blade 98 or Babolat Pure Drive?

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilson K Blade 98 or Babolat Pure Drive?

Ya the stringing pattern on the blade is 18x20 which is a very closed stringing pattern. So you generate less spin than with an open string patter racket like the pure drive.

Anyways, I personally hated the kblade. I use the nblade and I got a pair of kblade from wilson but I just couldn't get used to it. Even though all the spec are similar it feels totally different from the nblade. The kblade seems to have so much more pop on both the groundstrokes and on the serve. I couldn't seem to keep the ball in the court. The pure drive which my friend uses has even more power but you get a lot more spin off that racket. The pure drive is also much stiffer. Overall both rackets are good. It just depends on which type of racket you are more used to because they are very different rackets.

I would say give them both a shot and see which one you play better with.
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote