MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - RafaChat Part 35

View Single Post

Old 04-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #4381
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Clay Court Clowns Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Yay you. Do you not like to watch in Russian because you don't speak it or because you boycott it? I would have thought you would speak Russian. to you and your language abilities.
The main reason I don't like to watch those channels in Russian is because I don't like voice-overs. It's just one person saying everything and not in an exciting voice. Very boring. And some details may be lost in translation. I know Russian rather well, well enough to watch TV but I have some problems speaking it because I've had very little practice in it for the last 10 years. As a matter of fact, the guy who came to set it up yesterday was Russian and I had to communicate with him in Russian. It was difficult for me.

There may also be some truth to the boycotting thing you suggested. I don't like the language very much, and that's probably related to historical and political reasons.

Quote:
btw, I watched the bike video! SO adorable. And the one boy running all the time beside his bike. I didn't understand anything except mama and daddee -- which I was surprised wasn't papa. Anyway, just the sound of it reminded me of swedish.
He said mama when I asked him who would be riding his bike if he wasn't going to do it And the daddee sound was actually "tēti" I don't think Latvian is at all similar to Swedish, the sound of it is more similar to Finnish.