MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2009 Clay season

View Single Post

Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 AM   #49
country flag port37

port37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 Clay season

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
I tend to be pretty impatient, so the slower nature of the game doesn't jive with me. The dirt also isn't appealing. I really dislike dirty socks and shoes.
I'm fine with dirty socks as long as I'm not the one who has to clean them

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Of course, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me to favor two players who's best surface tends to be clay. Hmmn. They're both fabulous on hardcourts too though. I'll try to think more positively about clay, but I'll probably always be a fast-paced hardcourt lover.
Stan made the final of Rome last year! Only because Andy retired of course I'm kidding!
It is a different sort of excitement clay tennis because you don't get the quickfire winners but even if the tennis doesn't excite you the landscapes can be very pretty such as Monte Carlo and I'm looking forward to the Madrid bullring too, looked great during last year's Spain v USA davis cup tie and I hope to see some photos of Isa getting her bra signed by Gilles

And Isa, I don't think Rafa gets tired! He's played Monte Carlo, Rome, Barca and Hamburg most years and still won RG.

Hopefully Gilles can do really well in at least one of the Masters events, Rome probably is the best bet, it tends to be the one that seems more up for grabs but there are so many dangerous players on clay. I'd love to see him play Federer on clay and beat him again