MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tim's victory in DC

View Single Post

Old 09-22-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Tim's victory in DC

Tim Henman came through for Great Britain and saved the spot in World Group. Congrats on fabulous performances, Timmy.

From www.eurosport.com

Tim Henman ignored a shoulder injury which has hampered him for several weeks to ensure Britain remain in the elite Davis Cup world group on Sunday. Henman, the world number five, won his third match in as many days as Britain took a winning 3-1 lead over Thailand in Birmingham.

He beat the Thai number one Paradorn Srichaphan 6-3 6-2 6-3 in a surprisingly one-sided rubber. Afterwards, he flung his racket into the crowd in delight.

"It's been pretty tiring and a tough weekend but to come out and play as well as I did today makes it a good way to finish it all off," he said afterwards in a courtside interview.

"It certainly puts my mind at rest about my shoulder. It feels a lot better now. I felt it was worth one last effort this morning and when you have the chance to play in this kind of atmosphere you don't want to turn it down."

Henman said relegation into the Euro/African zone group would have been a major setback for British tennis. "The world group is where the team belong. We couldn't afford to lose so knowing we've got the win is pretty satisfying."

22/09/2002
Layla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote