MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Miami 2009

Thread: Miami 2009
View Single Post

Old 03-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #54
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miami 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
It was nowhere near enough. It came far too late. And those two shots in the final game (the easy forehand and the drop-shot) really broke his neck. What I don't understand is - what has become of David's ability to turn around matches? To come back from virtually hopeless situations?
Apart from that, throughout the second set I kept asking myself not only how he could possibly take that match to a third set. But also whether he'd be fit enough for a third set...
Well I just couldn't have even imagined the match going to a third set. After the first set, it never really looked like he was going to be able to improve enough, and that only Troicki getting tight made it closer towards the end.

Sure he was playing a bit better but really only hoping for Troicki to make errors. I remember a couple of years back when he used to often pick up his level when his opponent was serving for the match, and that was how he was able to turn around so many matches.

But for me, what is more disturbing is how it's possible for him to play that badly in a match. He could have lost to anyone playing like that, and convincingly as well...
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote