MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ignore list recommendations

View Single Post

Old 03-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
country flag pogotheorist

pogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond reputepogotheorist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ignore list recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
I don't put people on ignore. I don't see the point. What could be so offensive about someone's posts that you can't bear to even see their name in a thread? I'd rather see what people are saying than put people on ignore.
You still see their names, Clydey. And of course it's great if you like things the way they are. But people like Heartbroken, whose "Hating and Attacks" thread is locked but not yet sunk, feel a helpless wish for a more civil forum. With self-managed filtering, they can have it without having to somehow impose their own ethos on those who like the rough and tumble.

As for what could be offensive, it's more tedious: swearing, insults, homophobic slander, taunts about genitals, contentless "Close this thread!" disses. I'm old enough to have heard enough of that stuff to last a lifetime.
pogotheorist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote