MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Having trouble playing against flat hitters!

View Single Post

Old 03-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #6
country flag startover

startover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond reputestartover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having trouble playing against flat hitters!

Thanks a ton everyone. These are some awsome advices. I think from now on what I'll concentrate on are:

1. Bending of knees. I guess I'll stand lower even from the starting position.
2. Glue my eyes more on the ball.
3. More compact backswing.

Re: groovedude. I wish I could do what you did. Actually I tried to hit the balls harder with more topspin so that I could "outpower" him, but I guess I'm simply not Nadal yet (who can hit balls that land on the baseline and instantly jumps up shoulder high). The anxiety often gives me more UE's. I think I need to overcome the return of flat balls first, so that I do not fear them when they come. From that point I'll try to add more pace to my own shots and dictate the play.
startover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote