MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ranking Watch

Thread: Ranking Watch
View Single Post

Old 03-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #399
country flag el tenista
Advantage Haas!

el tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond reputeel tenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch-on the way back up again :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Playing Nole in the 3rd Rd of a Tournament is good luck?
If that is your idea of good luck, I don't want to hear your idea of bad luck. And he lost points at the Tournament by having to face Nole in the 3rd Rd I don't see Tommy playing any CH Tournaments myself. They could really help his ranking, but I think Tommy has too much pride to play CH Tournaments now.
You are No.64. You play a Masters 1000 event where 48 players of the top 50 signed in. It's not good luck that he got Schüttler as the seed he had to play in round 2? It's not good luck that he got Hernandez in round 1? He could have had to play against Querrey in round 1. Or against Isner. In my opinion, especially Hernandez is one of the weakest players in this Masters field because he's definitely a clay courter. So this was really good luck for Tommy. Furthermore, Nole is not in the best form today and Tommy had more than a chance to get set 2 and then I can't say what Nole would have done in the deciding one. Djokovic is not on the same level as Nadal, Federer or Murray at the moment and you cannot count him to the top guys the ATP scene always talks about.
I'll give you my definiton of bad luck:
First round: Isner, Querrey, Seppi, Chardy, Ljubicic, Gulbis, Kohlschreiber, Lopez, Llodra, Hewitt.
Second round: Nadal, Federer, Murray, Nalbandian, Del Potro, Roddick (Haas has a good record against him but Roddick plays well at the moment), Verdasco.
So for me, Nole was not bad luck.
Why I do answer like this is that I cannot understand why a few people in here always complain of either Tommy's bad ranking or draw situation. Where's your fighting spirit? If Tommy has the same attitude and always kind of gives up before he begins to play, he will have no chance in future. But he always tries to give his best and this is what all of his fans should do. If he draws a top guy, he will draw a top guy but this is no reason to complain. He plays ATP level and then you must be competitive to have at least a chance to win something against these players. Tommy was competitive as we could see in set 2 yesterday so there is no reason to capitulate. Fight and support Tommy!