MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - > Pim Pim News and Articles <

View Single Post

Old 10-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: > Pim Pim News and Articles <

and another two

Johansson splits Hewitts

Joachim Johansson is threatening to drive a wedge through the Hewitt family after he beat Andy Roddick to reach the semi-finals of the US Open on Thursday.
The Swede will play Lleyton Hewitt in the last four in a match that will test the loyalties of the Australian's sister Jaslyn, Johansson's girlfriend.

"You can't pick your brother but you can pick your boyfriend, so I hope she'll support me," Johansson said.

"Lleyton and I are good friends. I hope we'll be good friends after Saturday."

The 22-year-old Johansson, the 28th seed, will be playing in his first Grand Slam semi-final.

He added: "I was supposed to be playing golf with my dad in Scotland this weekend but I'll have to change my plans now.

"It's going to be a very tough match. It will be a little bit weird but we know each other's games well. I'm going to have to serve well and move well."

Hewitt, the 2001 champion, trounced Germany's Tommy Haas 6-2 6-2 6-2 in his quarter-final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3643946.stm

Johansson suffers shock loss in Lyon
Fri 8 October, 2004 17:20

LYON, France, Oct 8 (Reuters) - U.S. Open semi-finalist Joachim Johansson suffered a surprise defeat by fellow Swede Robin Soderling at the Lyon Grand Prix on Friday.

Soderling, ranked 47th in the world, won their quarter-final 6-3 6-4 in 58 minutes.

Fourth seed Johansson was the highest-ranked player left in the tournament after the exits of Chile's Olympic champion Nicolas Massu, German Rainer Schuettler and Spaniard Juan Carlos Ferrero.

"I don't have the feeling I played worse than yesterday or the day before yesterday," 22-year-old Johansson said.

"I only lost my serve twice because Robin took advantage of the two break points he had and I missed the only one I got."

In the first quarter-final Belgian Xavier Malisse defeated Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-4.

"My season has been very erratic but I'm having a good week and I hope that it means I'm entering a good period," said Malisse.

Seventh-ranked Vincent Spadea of the United States is now the only surviving seed. He was due to face Austrian Jurgen Melzer in the evening session while Swede Jonas Bjorkman was playing Spaniard David Ferrer.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...s&section=news

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote