MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ***Ending on a high note*** The a-ha thread

View Single Post

Old 03-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a-ha, the band who has more to offer than „Take on me“ – Waiting for the new albu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I saw this thread the other day, but it was empty, couldn't post on it
Unfortunately there was an database error right at the moment when I wanted to send the post. I don't know why just the name of the title appeared. I asked Peta to delete the thread so that I could start a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I'm a fan of A-Ha too, that group means a lot for me.
You are quite young, right? How did you discover the band?

It's been a few years since they were really popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasKiefer44 View Post
I am an a-ha fan since 1985. I loved Analogue but my fave cd is Scoundrel Days. I have always been perplexed at the incredible level of success they have had everywhere in the world other than America. When I mention them, everyone says Take On Me and no one has a clue when I mention Minor Earth Major Sky. Oh well. Success in America isn't necessary anymore. I am excited for any new material from a-ha in 2009.
My favourite album is also "Scoundreal Days" I got the cassette on my 12th birthday and since then I was really a fan of the band.

Are you from the States?

On 12 September 2005 a-ha played a quickly sold out show at Irving Plaza in New York City, the band's first concert in North America since 1986. The band has not returned to North America since, nor have they released anything there since 1993.

Regarding "Take on me": It happens in every part of the world that people associate a-ha with that song. Beside this the band really still suffer for their former image as a boyband. It's just the last years that the musicjournalist seem to take them seriously and even appreciate their early work.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote