MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

View Single Post

Old 03-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #129
country flag xhr75019

xhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond reputexhr75019 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2009- ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaplenske View Post
Expected loss against a MUCH MORE experienced paire.

What the hell forget was thinking there???its doubles there, a very important match,its davis cup in foreign country,loud crowd and you decide to send an "novice double pair" who never played together in a tournament.
That was quite a suicide there cause the czech are more used about that kind of matchs.
You might be right but I really would like to know what was your alternate solution ?

Jo-Richie ? Come on, that's not reasonable. First, they are not an experienced team either (at least Mika is a great doubles player and is used to play with different partners). And second, nobody could forecast that Jo would win so easily against Stepa. His match yesterday could have gone 5 sets and finish at 11 pm. And in any case, considering his physical fragility, it would have jeopardize his participation on sunday when he will be much needed.
Jo-Mika ? See above.
Mika-Clément ? That meant leaving Richard AND Gaël outside the four. Imagine the "tollé général". Plus, I know they won Marseille but Clément is so far from his best level these days... That would have been a huge risk, and one no sane DC captain would have taken.

You seem to forget that the captain has to envision all possibilities BEFORE the matches start.

SIMONFILS
& TSONGASQUET
+ a few others...

Last edited by xhr75019 : 03-07-2009 at 04:42 PM.
xhr75019 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote