MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ernests' news thread!

View Single Post

Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #819
country flag cath85

cath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond reputecath85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' news thread!

here's an article about the match:

"I guess I started off pretty well," said Roddick. "But I thought he started serving really well in the second set."

Roddick had his hands full with the Latvian, who didn't seem flustered by the hard-serving defending champion. Roddick is trying to win the tournament for a record fourth time.

Roddick used serves clocked at 150, 147, and 142 mph to easily win the first set. But Gulbis almost turned the tables on Roddick in the second set, matching him point for point until the losing the tiebreaker.

Although Gulbis had six double faults, he constantly flustered Roddick with his strong serves and return game. At one point after being aced, Roddick tossed his racket to the side in disbelief.

Roddick's unforced errors gave Gulbis the opportunity he needed to challenge.

It was a little frustrating to not be able to get into a rhythm at all," said Roddick. "And then he started hitting first serves for second serves. If he's making it there isn't much I can do. A lot of the time he plays pretty high-risk so you are kind of at his mercy."

http://license.icopyright.net/user/v...x_id=D96AI5NG0
I thought it was kind of interesting to see things from Andy's perspective