02-07-2009, 01:57 PM
2013 WS CHAMPS
Join Date: Jul 2005
Re: Tennis Tipping FAQ/Guide
5. Ranking System
- The Tennis Tipping Rankings are the method used to determine entries and seeding in TT tournaments.
- The TT rankings are based on each player’s results in the past 52 weeks, except for the World Tour Finals, which is dropped on the Monday following the last ATP Tour event of the following year. Once entered, all tournaments, except for the World Tour Finals, remain in the system for 52 consecutive weeks.
- The same system is used for both singles and doubles.
- Each player counts their total points from the 4 mandatory events (the 4 Grand Slams) and their best 14 results from all the other tournaments.
- Points from the World Tour Finals are counted as an extra 19th tournament.
- In case of a missed Grand Slam:
a) Players whose ranking was high enough to compete in the Grand Slam get zero points for missing a mandatory event.
b) Players whose ranking was not high enough to compete in the Grand Slam increase their number of countable results from all the other tournaments by one.
- When two or more players have the same total number of points, ties shall be broken as follows:
a. The most total points from the Grand Slams, ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments and World Tour Finals main draws.
b. The fewest events played, counting all missed Grand Slams they could have played.
c. The highest number of points from one single tournament, then, if needed, the second highest, and so on.
5.2 Points breakdown
- Any player who reaches the second round by drawing a bye and then loses is considered to have lost in the first round.
- Davis cup points (introduced in 2014, according to ATP - points are awarded for each live rubber win):
1) How do players qualify for the World Tour Finals? And the Challenger Tour Finals?
ˇ World Tour Finals rules can be found here.
ˇ Challenger Tour Finals rules can be found here.
2) Is there a Team ranking?
No. Doubles rankings consider the individual results of each player.
3) I won an ATP title in June last year. The same event will be played in October this year. Do I keep the title’s points until October?
No. Points drop after 52 weeks, even if the tournament is played later in the following year.
4) I received 200 points for winning a title last year. I lost in the first round of a tournament played in the same week this year. What will happen to my ranking points?
The TT rankings count the 4 Grand Slam results plus the best 14 results from all the other tournaments. When the 200 points you gained drop, your best result from the tournaments which were not being counted (if you have any) will then be added to the countable results.
Last edited by keqtqiadv : 12-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.