MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Locked Hahaha threads.

View Single Post

Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #37
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Locked Hahaha threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
You're incorrect here. The problem is not about people tolerating criticism of their PLAYER. the problem is people being criticized PERSONALLY because they support the player.
I spend a lot of time on MTF and such incidents are very very rare. They should be addressed in isolation.

Quote:
The fact that any small amount of moderation makes them want to just rebel more reflects upon them, not the moderators.
It's not just moderation but arbitrary moderation that I mean.

Quote:
And if you think any of the mods actually enjoy spending wasting our time dealing with this crap, you really are mistaken.
If you don't enjoy it, resign and quit.

Quote:
And I think the mods simply giving in to a few loudmouths who cause trouble then whine like 5 year olds whose mom took their lollipop would set a very bad precedent and make any moderating at all here nearly impossible. We can't possibly just cave to anyone who complains.
I think this is exactly what the mods did. The roasting threads were here for years without anyone complaining. A few people moaned about the players being insulted and lo and behold the mods caved in and closed down the threads.

Quote:
We really want this place to be enjoyable for all, we don't get paid, we get nothing at all in return actually, the only reason why we bother is because we love tennis and we love MTF and the people we've been lucky enough to meet here and we want everyone to enjoy it.
You get a lot of power in return so saying you get nothing in return is not correct. I do understand that moderating is difficult but don't make yourselves martyrs.

Quote:
And I find it ironic (not talking to you tennizen) that the loudest complainers here are often the most problematic posters in GM. If they spent even 10% of the time they spend whining just simply ignoring players/results they don't like or putting other posters on their ignore list, there would be significantly less moderation and there would be nothing for them to even complain about. What a shocking concept.
And there could be no wars in this world. And all people would live harmoniously respecting each other and there would be no killing. Into that heaven of freedom let MTF awake
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote