MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Fed's tears justified?

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #105
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's tears justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Roger practically demanded that he be treated as the favorite. He was very testy about that favorite status. So, if that caused shock, he brought it on himself.
You're right, I forgot that, but he added Rafa and the odious Djokovic to his favourites didn't he? I cannae remember. Kinda gets to me though that no one else, tournament organizers, press etc are treating Rafa as the No.1. He still seems to be in 2nd place. Not good. Even Rogi admits that Rafa is numero uno.

Quote:
are quite right about this. Rafa wouldn't have cried at the victory ceremony if he had lost, because he has excellent manners. It's not about emotions; it's about behaving well in moments of great personal stress. Sure, he felt bad and he made the ceremony all about HIS emotions, His "open feelings" His sadness. I'm sure he didn't plan it, but when others have shown themselves to be gracious losers when he was in his ascendence, it would behoove him to do the same.
Having grown up in Britain, I am used to stiff upper lip and all, don't get me wrong. I just think, it wasn't planned it was spontaneous and you cannae berate him for that.

Quote:
not bitching about him crying -- I'm simply talking about what it reveals about his character. And feeling badly, that in his last three slam victories, Rafa was so worried about Federer feeling bad that he couldn't really be joyous for his own accomplishments.
I do agree that at RG the ceremony was subdued, as with Wimbledon. And that is awful, Rafa is a worthy winner, and he is so cute and humble. But I think at RG they couldn't believe what had happened, and at Wimby, centre court was kinda sad for the end of an era. Roger's dominance has been so extreme that Rafa's continuing disposal of him makes people do a double take. I don't think these instances were provoked by Federer though. At RG he made a joke, same with Wimby (something about the kitchen sink if I recall).

p.s I wasn't directing the bitchy comment at you personally
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!