MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bingo Bango Bongo Nando Wednesday

View Single Post

Old 01-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #25
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bingo Bango Bongo Nando Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinster View Post
Verdasco has a poor record against top ten players, it will be a major shock to the system if Verdasco wins against 2 top ten players consecutively. The reason why Murray lost to Verdasco is because he was playing passively, I can not see Tsonga playing passively he is not affraid to hit the ball as hard as he can ball after ball. Tsonga I would imagine will play a bigger part in the match than Verdasco, more winners and unforced errors dictating play so there ca only be one winner Tsonga @1.53.
This is my exact thinking. Murray for some reason was allowing Verdasco to control the points, Tsonga is not that type of player. When he sees a window of opportunity to go on the offensive no matter how small he takes it. Verdasco won't be able to play the same game he's found successful this week against JWS. Tsonga in 4, possibly 3.

I just think Verdasco couldn't have played much better against Murray and even then, the winner was in doubt up until the very end. It's going to be hard to reach that level again, and I just don't see if happening for Fernando.

Tsonga -185
Kuznetsova +240
Dementieva 2-1 Sets +300
Nadal 3-1 Sets +275
LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote