MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Breaking News: Pim-Pim might do a serious comeback!!

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #48
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breaking News: Pim-Pim might do a serious comeback!!

An article about Pim Pim!! (not very interesting, but there's a picture!)

Quote:
Ace king to make a meal of it
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...018092,00.html
By ELISA BLACK

January 11, 2009 12:30am

HE holds the record for the most aces served in one match – 51 against Andre Agassi at the 2005 Australian Open – but tennis pro Joachim Johansson is looking forward to a couple of local treats as well as a win while in Adelaide.

Joachim, who arrived yesterday for the World Tennis Challenge at Memorial Drive, hopes to grab a meal at Unley Rd's La Tombola and the Hyatt's Shiki while in town.

But he won't be dining alone. His pro-golfer girlfriend Johanna Westerberg has joined him for the trip. "Australia is always tough to beat at home," Joachim, affectionately known as Pim Pim, said. "But I've been in the Davis Cup team when beating them in Adelaide before," he added with a smile.

Joachim will represent Sweden with tennis great Mats Wilander for the WTC. The tournament will see four countries – Australia, France, Sweden and the US – featuring one current and one past player from each country, battling it out for the title.

With players including Mark Philippoussis, Pat Cash, Gael Monfils, Henri Leconte, Taylor Dent and Jim Courier, Adelaide this week is a veritable tennis lover's paradise.

Former No.1 Courier (pictured) – winner of four Grand Slam singles titles – is hoping to find time to visit our wine region and grab a meal by the beach while here.

"I have very fond memories of playing tennis at the Drive, playing golf, and running and biking along the river," he said. "I've been up into the Hills and down to the beach before, and this visit I hope to get to the wine country."

But it's not all wine and relaxing for the tennis champ. "I would think France will be tough, as Gael is very strong as well as Henri, but the US will be tough as well," he said.

The WTC starts on Wednesday.
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Olivier Rochus, Paul-Henri Mathieu & Kristof Vliegen
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote