MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - wrist movement!

Thread: wrist movement!
View Single Post

Old 01-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wrist movement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidusZidane View Post
That's a really good point, I hadn't thought about it like that. With that in mind, the only shots in which you consciously utilise wrist movement for are serves and overheads - it's impossible to keep the ball in otherwise.
Exactly.

My coach that taught me like that. The wrist angle with your arm never changes when you're hitting a forehand, let's say. What changes is that you rotate the arm and it seems like you're using the wrist, but the angle hasn't changed. In fact, if you close the wrist to hit baseline shots you'll fuck up your wrist pretty soon.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote