MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Which Italian player will reach the top 10 first?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
country flag Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond reputeMr Brightside has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Italian player will reach the top 10 first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Really, a lot of the current Italians in the top200 are aging. Most of them are near retirement, perhaps they could become doubles-only players? Matteo Trevisan might be able to reach top10, but other than him and maybe Fabianno, you guys would need a miracle to produce a top10 player in the near future. It will happen one day I'm sure, but I think that the Italian women will get one before the men. Didn't some Italian guy win Roland Garros one time I think? Like in the 1970s? He must've been in the top10.
as you said it was 30 years ago