MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Playoff Seedings Predictions/Breakdown

View Single Post

Old 12-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playoff Seedings Predictions/Breakdown

At the moment, the seedings stand as follows (bold indicates locked in).

AFC
1 Tennesse
2 Pittsburgh

3 Miami
4 Denver
5 Indy
6 Baltimore

NFC
1 NY Giants
2 Carolina
3 Minnesota
4 Arizona
5 Atlanta
6 Dallas

Out of curiosity/interest, how do you guys see the seedings standing after week 17 - for a mixture of hope/reason, I see it breaking down like this;

AFC
1 Tennesse
2 Pittsburgh

3 New England
4 San Diego
5 Indy
6 Baltimore

I see New England beating Buffalo and getting the help they need from the NY Jets. The Jets will have slight aspirations of making the playoffs in the hope Baltimore lose at home to the Jags - but we all know that won't happen. For the purposes of my 5 selections/trebles divisional bet, I'd love Denver to beat San Diego, but I don't see this happening and am not even going to bother with the "hope". Would love to be wrong on that, but it's hard to believe in Denver, at all.

NFC
1 NY Giants
2 Carolina
3 Chicago
4 Arizona
5 Atlanta
6 Tampa Bay

Think Carolina will win in New Orleans to lock in number two. Giants (yes, even a not 100% full strength Giants) will beat Minnesota and even though I'm inclined to doubt that Chicago will win in Houston, I need them to do so, and am hoping they will. Philly will beat Dallas and Tampa will destroy Oakland to give them the 6th spot.

It would mean (if this all comes through, not that I'm expecting it to) Wildcard Weekend would look like this;

AFC - Indy @ San Diego - Baltimore @ New England
NFC - Atlanta @ Arizona - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

For which I already know what I will be doing, I'll be taking ALL the road teams (either with the points or money line) in a combination of doubles. Indy will probably be slight favs at San Diego, and likewise Atlanta at Arizona.

So what say you?
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote