MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jiri Krkoska

Thread: Jiri Krkoska
View Single Post

Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
country flag Zirconek
TÍnis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jiri Krkoska

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
He played in a few Greece futures in May(Kos,Heraklion,Kalamata,etc.)

He didn't do so well in them. If I remember correctly he lost in r1 to Kostas Mikos in both Kos,Heraklion but I think he did good in Kalamata though. I think he reached QF. He doesn't seem that promising, but that doesn't mean people should stop rooting for him. Most Greek players aren't that promising, but that doesn't stop me from cheering for them. You never know if he's gonna be a late bloomer.

Krkoska's trip to Greece wasn't good for him, he lost in first round in all three events (like you said, two defeats to Mikos and also a defeat to Gemouchidis), even in doubles he collected bad results.

Last week, he lost to Vik in qualifying round, then got a LL spot in main draw first round - was really lucky since another player, Crepaldi, should play but eventually Krkoska replaced him. Krkoska faced Jan Mertl and lost in a tight match, Mertl was the winner of the tournament later.

I agree with you, you don't have to support only bandwagons

I hope Krkoska and Greek players have a great 209 season - well, Krkoska kind of helped Greek tennis in 2008