MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Breaking News: Pim-Pim might do a serious comeback!!

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #37
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breaking News: Pim-Pim might do a serious comeback!!

This has just popped up on the Adelaide WTC website - the tournament ROBIN was supposed to play. It now never mentions Robin's existence....

Current Player: Joachim Johansson

More affectionately known as ‘Pim Pim’, Johansson has won three ATP singles titles including Adelaide in 2005 where he defeated fellow WTC player Taylor Dent. Pim Pim holds the record for most aces served in one match as he aced Andre Agassi 51 times in the 4th round of the 2005 Australian Open (though he still lost the match in four sets). Johansson retired from professional tennis on 1 February 2008 due to his persistent shoulder injury. Johansson said there was "no other option" than to quit. But on 3 October 2008 he announced that he will return to the world of tennis and that his shoulder injury had healed. He was given a wild card to compete in the 2008 Stockholm Open. He stamped his return by beating Nicholas Mahut in the first round. He will use the World Tennis Challenge as the platform for his assault on the Australian Open 2009.

Does this mean robin is injured and not coming to australia???????????? :'(
I mean its GREAT that I'm gonna get to see Pim Pim of course but I bought Adelaide tix to see MAGNUS!
and does that last line mean that pim pim wants to play aus open? because that doesnt make any sense - adelaide is on while aus open qualifying is on, how does he expect to get in? wild card? i dont think so! aussies would NEVER give a swede a wild card.

I am SOOOOOO confused!!!!