MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles & interviews

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #204
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & interviews

I don't even have a good memory, why the hell do I remember where your parents live indeed. ^^ I'm born in Douai and spent 4 years in Marcq-en-Baroeul, so I know the area pretty well - but I'm not a ch'ti, I consider myself as a "Bretonne".

I completed the summary of the main article.
The other one is a bit too complicated for my English. Quétin explains the idea of the training camp and what they try to develop. He means that if all the players on the tour were wearing an milometer during the whole season, Gilles probably would be the one with the most miles at the end of the year. So he can't work a lot on this kind of things during the year when he plays tournaments and they use the off-season to focus more on his quadriceps, etc.
He also stresses the importance of the group for both Gilles and Jo. He calls that "the French specificity". They've grown up in this kind of structures and they like it, even though tennis is an individual sport. They share rooms in Saint-Cyprien, Jo with Ouanna, Gilles with Recouderc. They really enjoy it, they love jogging together the 9 km back to the hotel before going together to the spa. And when one guy in the group is taking the piss, the sanction is immediate, 10 push-ups.

Last edited by Truc : 12-09-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote