MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ranking Watch

Thread: Ranking Watch
View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 PM   #89
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/sharkbites10.asp

I understood that they will have their points doubled but I don't know how many points is done for a first round in AO.

The week 4 in Australia is for tourisme ; St Etienne & Besançon are 125000$ Challenger with now 100 points for the winner so if you win it it can be good but you have to win lol.

New Caledonia is a very good idea. An happy new year there should be great.
the points system will be complicated next year. i don't think it's so straightforward as to saying that 'he has 60 points to defend', because while the points to drop off will be 60 (by the end of april), the points that he can earn by reaching the same stages in the same tournaments will likely be less than 60. i have seen a calculation for the percentage changes in the new ranking points, and they are not proportional... especially for the earlier rounds, they don't get doubled, far from it.

at least his best performances in 2008 did not come early in the year, otherwise he'd indeed struggle most of next year to earn points.

in the general forum posters have long been complaining that the new system disadvantages those lower ranked players

(a post with the points table compared http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3&postcount=32 - click link on top right for the entire thread, and you'll find the link for the original article on another website)

btw i remember one year arnaud and other frenchmen did go to new caledonia! they had a great time, i think.

Last edited by Via : 11-19-2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: links
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote