MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Ranking Watch

Thread: Ranking Watch
View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #86
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ranking Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He's 97# and it remains only two weeks of competition. AO is near I watched his ranking breakdown on ATP site and until May 2009 he gets only 30 points to defend well 60 in fact after the doubling of points at the end of the year.
He seems to be lucky enough this time to still be able to get directly into the main draw of the AO
And what's that about the doubling points? Is it also a part of the new system? Or you mean that since next year there is a rise in points, and e.g. 5 points of the first round turn into 10, we should consider 30 points as 60?
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
If he can avoid AO qualies it would be great because play qualies for every tournaments must be laborious. I watched the calendar for the beginning of 2009 and I did a schedule for him

1 Qualies for Brisbane
2 Qualies For Sydney
3/4 Australian Open
5 Rest
6 St-Etienne Challenger
7 Qualies for Marseille
8 Besançon Challenger
9 Fly to USA for the two MS

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...engers2009.pdf

But if he wants some changes he can go to Chennai for beginning of course lol I don't know if he can really improve his ranking because with the new ATP points it will be a big mess next year but until may no big pression on him
Actually there is also a lovely Challenger in New Caledonia that week
Besides, I'd rather believe it's going to be Week 3: AO, Week 4/5: Rest
And then he still has high chances for Marseille WC, and Rotterdam qualies would probably be a better option than a Challenger considering again the new ranking points system.

Anyway it's a great idea to make such a schedule for Arnaud, it's going to be fun to see how different our and his actual schedules will be!

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote