MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - News & articles

Thread: News & articles
View Single Post

Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #91
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & articles

jo giving his impressions as he ends his beautiful season(eurosport.fr)

Quote:
14/11/2008 - 10:15
Tsonga : "Really looking forward to 2009 !"
Tennis - Masters Cup Shanghai

very happy to finish his season in shanghai with a victory over novak djokovic in the tennis master cup, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga make a statement of an exciting 2008 year et already makes some projections to 2009.

You must be happy to end this with a win...
J.W.T. : Yes I had to save the honnor and this had a cost. I fought despite my 2 defeats. I gave the best of me once again.I'm happy to get my first win in the master cup. I could win 100 ATP points, this could be important for the tournaments in 2009, to be top seed. Its a pity, I wasnt far in the two first matchs.But its like that. I will be able to rest now and prepare to go back even stronger next year.

what were the keys of the match?
J.W.T. : At the beggining I was a little bit nervous. I didnt know how to do. He was better than me in the two first sets.It was a little "hold up" that I made by winning the second. Then once he got broken in the beggining of the third, he quite given up. He must have thought that he still had tough road to win the tournament here.

It is important to finish the year on a positive note?

J.W.T. : yes these 2 defeats had affected my confidence.Its good to finish this way... Yeah its good for confidence but also for my pleasure.I will leave the masters with a smile.

you will finish as the best french player in the ranking. Do you feel proud about this?
J.W.T. : The most important for me is to exploit my potential profundly.I did more than I predicted for 2008. After if Gilles, Gael or another(Richie)pass me in the ranking, dont care. My was to win my first title and approch the top10. I'm proud of myself, I did beyond than that. I was amazed about my results. Its fabulous what happened to me, what happened to us. This are unique emotions that cant be bought.

And for 2009?
J.W.T. : I hope to do better. Why not wining a slam title and also the Davis Cup? I want the best for me and for my entourage. I also hope to be able to play a full season, play more tournaments.

What was the best moment,the best highlight?

J.W.T.:my win in bercy.It was Magic in front my family,my friends...

And the worst?
J.W.T. : When the doc told me that I couldnt play roland garros and that I must have a knee surgery.

What impressions will you keep from the master cup?
J.W.T. : C'est une épreuve qui réunit les huit meilleurs, et ça se voit. Chaque match est compliqué. Mais c'est une épreuve magique. Je suis déjà excité d'être à l'année prochaine pour me lancer de nouveaux défis et faire "péter" quelque chose de grand.
Its a competition who make play the 8 best players and its obvious.Every match is tough.But its a magic competition. I'm already excited to be in 2009 to give myself new challenges and make the things very big again.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote