MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mug Tennis

Thread: Mug Tennis
View Single Post

Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #56
country flag Machiavelli

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mug Tennis

I had my league match yesterday, we were sheduled to play it last weekand, but my opponent asked to reshedule it at the last minute, and i was OK i with it, cause I got a bad hangover the night before; I was involved in an unreal tennis match, when you consider this a high level amateur league, first set (8)6/7, no breaks of serve on clay, unreal serving from both of us, winners outnumbering errors by a mile and he was just too good in the breaker, excellent match, i kind of played Henman like claycourt tennis, i disturbed him with a lot of mixing, chip and charge, s/v, i was up 4-0* in the second, should have bageled him easily coause i was totally pumped up, but then he comes with some unbelivabl passing shots in Nadull style out of nowhere, momentum shifts and in a couple of minutes i am down *4-5 serving to stay in the match, i somehow was able to regain my focus, another tie break, he throws in 2 DF and we are at set all, he had 3 bp at the start of the third and then lost it totally and in the ned he gave up easily...

Very intense match, and I am glad it was not me who melted down....

I play in a league of 16 players at my club, I am curenntly ranked 7th, after some bad matches at the start(Cause i was in bad shape), and more practise i picked my game up; the guy i defeated was ranked 3rd, so a nice and unexpected win...