MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mug Tennis

Thread: Mug Tennis
View Single Post

Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #51
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mug Tennis

I hope I can celebrate opponent's mug tennis here? Coz' this one definitely deserves a mention.

A little background info here, I play in a university student's tennis league/group here in Finland. I started last spring and have been working my way up the rankings. The system is so that the season is divided into smaller rounds, and with each round you are put in a group of peers. Then you organize matches with those players and put the results on the web. After each round, the web page reorganizes the groups based on results, that is it demotes some people and promotes some people.

This system is actually pretty nice and flexible, you can play matches whenever it's good for you and you don't have to register as an official competitor in the Finnish league and enter lower tournaments that have something like 30€ enter fees or something...

Anyways, my opponent turns up and it's a 35-year old man (you don't have to be a student to play, but then the membership is more expensive). He's hung over and enjoys a nice cold beer after the warm up... In addition I was hitting my first serve very well, so I only needed to get it in and I'd won the point... I don't know whether it consitutes as even excersice . Well, at least I hugely improved my Games won / Games lost stat...
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote