MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mug Tennis

Thread: Mug Tennis
View Single Post

Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #45
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mug Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee View Post
Man I'm gutted

So I play my match tonight. I've never experienced anything like it, this guy is hitting with more topspin than Nadal. Even on indoor carpet, I'm hitting the ball from above my shoulders, it was obscene. The thing is, there wasn't much I could do, I hate the lighting indoors and struggle to take balls out the air, so I'm reluctant to come in. Anyway, my first serve % in the first set is down at about 20%, and I can't keep the ball in play because of all this ridiculous topspin coming at me. I have about 15 game points in total in the first set but manage to blow them all and get bagelled for the first time in ages

2nd set starts out and is pretty much the same story. So I'm trailing 6-0 4-1* after about 40 mins and heading for one of the biggest humiliations I've had on a tennis court. And then I decide to start playing ridiculously well, and come back to 4-4. At *4-5 down, I save a match point and take the set to the tie break, I feel like I'm the better player now and I'm pretty confident that if I take this set, there's a very good chance I can go on to win the match. At *5-5 in the tie break, he hits a backhand which seems for all the world it's going in the net. It clips the net and dribbles over. I am furious, not even a hint of an apology, he celebrates like he's just won Wimbledon. Then hits a big serve and I net my return to lose. Hugely frustrating
Unlucky mate, but your post doesn't belong in this thread since you clearly didn't play mug tennis. To take a serious player to a tie-break and have him worried like that is a great effort, so be proud of yourself.

Most players would have tanked at 6-0, 4-1, you are truly a Spartan
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote