MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What has been the highlight of Roger's year for you?

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #9
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has been the highlight of Roger's year for you?

It's a toss between the first one and the Wimbledon. I go this way: if I take away the AO win with all the others still there, I think world No.1 is still due for Roger this year. But if I take away the Wimbledon, nothing can make up for it.

I heard and believe that what makes you a great champion standing out of normal champions is when you manage to defend your big titles, GS titles it means. Plus a tough comeback victory in the GS final just got in me way more than some relatively easy wins even if with brilliant performance from beginning to end.

That said, of course any other highlight is also there to make 2004 Roger's year. Just I still remeber how much I wanted Roger to defend his Wimbly long before it set off, no way I felt the same before any other tourney.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote