MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

View Single Post

Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #338
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
nalbo update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
yes but i mean does he haves any chances to qualify
I'll try to mathematically look at his chances:

If Nalbandian wins every match he has remaining, Paris and Basel,. he would be on 390 points, which would likely put him in.

A Paris win and a final in Basel would leave him on 375, while a Paris final and win in Basel would leave him on 360, a very close shave that would be very dependent on the exact progress of other players, but he would a decent chance, especially if the current top 5-6 play well and seal up points in Paris.

Just making the two finals, or making the Paris final and losing before the final in Basel would leave him around 350-335, likely a losing proposition if two of Blake, Simon or Ferrer manage even one or two more wins the remainder of the season.

Anything less than Paris final gives him no mathematical chance.

So to pull out a top-8 spot, he will likely not be able to lose again this season, and if so, only in a final.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote