MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

View Single Post

Old 10-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #288
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
I doubt too many people would have predicted some of the results this week... Big congrats to Petzschner and Kunitsyn, who both came out of nowhere to land their titles. Nalbandian was the other winner (Stockholm), moving 8 places up to #18, and now within 77pts of the #8 placed Del Potro. It is still a huge points gap, but how many dare to underestimate El Rey, given what he achieved at this stage, last year? Monfils now resides 4pts ahead of him, at #17 (+7 places, this week), having finished runner-up in Vienna...in his current good form, he would present a threat to other Shanghai hopefuls, but I guess you have to wonder if his knee(s) will carry him over the next 3 weeks. Another week, another injury for Gael. Finally, there are Safin (runner-up in Moscow) and Soderling (runner-up in Stockholm)...both closed in on the top 20, but neither are likely to worry their higher-ranked hopefuls too much, over the next 3 weeks (neither are likely to impact much in the TMS events).

Finally, I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting the ATP...but Nadal receiving the #1 trophy in Madrid, today? If this is to congratulate him on securing the #1 ranking for 2008, I believe that they have jumped the gun? He is 344pts ahead of Federer, with 400 still to play for.
When you get to number 1 for the first time you get a trophy no matter when it is. It's a trophy to show that you have at some point been world number one. The End of year trophy will come at some other point.

Quote:
Liverpool FC need to return to the good old days when the players were born and bred locally. Dalglish, Keegan, McDermott, Kennedy, Lawrenson, Hansen, Grobelaar, Toshack, Molby ........ or were they just the Chelsea of the 70's buying the best talent available in the market?
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote