MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Serve and Volley

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #32
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serve and Volley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glab311 View Post
I am a serve and vollyer. I am 13 and 5' 11". It's only good if you are taller than the person you are playing. What I would do

1st Serve
Gauge return (Can I put it away, or is it a good return?)
After hitting that back if you can put it away close in at net.
If you can't put it away, don't go volley.

2nd Serve
Don't serve and volley on second unless you have a great second serve.
If you´re going to s&v, you have to get to the net quickly, you can´t stay back and wait to see what kind return your opponent hits. If you do that, you´ll be caught in "no-mans land".
You either go or you don´t. Let me spell this out: you can´t be just a little pregnant.

Also, why should you be taller than your opponent to s&v? You´re the one who has to reach those volleys. If you´re too short and can´t reach them you get passed, right? You lose those points even if you´re playing against a midget.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote