MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - More News

Thread: More News
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #106
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

Is it true, fans? Just found in the web...

Lleyton Hewitt asks Andre Agassi for help?

Former no. 1 tennis player in the world Lleyton Hewitt appointed Andre Agassi coach with the aim of coming back to the top ten after a poor 2008 season start.
Lleyton Hewitt, who's best result in the season is quarter-finals at the last Australian Open, is about to fall down in the world ranking and stop being a top-seeded for the upcoming two Grand Slams (the French Open and Wimbledon) after being ousted from ATP Tennis Channel Open; thus, he was the defending champion for he won in 2007.

Yet, this early, unexpected defeat made 27-year-old tennis player to seek Andre Agassi to become his coach for the next AMS Indian Wells and Miami.

"I've always admired Agassi for the way he planned everything since we started working. We have a goal for everything we did in the practice, the intensity was amazing", Hewitt said to paper "The Australian".

"For me, it was not only a great chance to work with one of the greatest tennis player ever, but also a chance to talk about my game and how to play tennis now", he added.

Working with fellow Tony Roche, who previously coached Ivan Lendl, Patrick Rafter and Roger Federer, hasn't born fruit, but Hewitt hopes to change his reality soon.

Last edited by Stephan : 10-05-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote