MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #244
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Champions Race to Shanghai 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked82 View Post
he sure is. i dont think 4 players will get above 400 points to pass him.
Well, you can never be too sure...Roddick is still a big threat, Del Potro is showing few signs of letting up, and Blake and Gonzalez are capable of one/two further strong showings. But a handful of wins in the Masters events (or a strong run in one of his home MM events) should put it beyond doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked82 View Post
well its official that both simon and almargo season are over. Both losing in the first round in metz.
Almagro is a waste of space off the clay, so I don't think many were holding their breath over him, and, as has been said in a few posts above, we knew that Simon would have to enter unchartered waters in the upcoming Masters events...not totally impossible for him, but highly unlikely, as you say.

I think we're looking at a serious chance that the bar for the top 8 will be raised by the end of the week...Del Potro or Gonzalez could do this if either of them wins the Tokyo title (322 or 317 - potential new bar), and, certainly for the former, this a very real possibility.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote