MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Michael Berrer

Thread: Michael Berrer
View Single Post

Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #70
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Berrer

I translated an article about Berrer complaining about the criterias for the Olympic Games. I know it is quite old (the article is of 26th of August), but I think it might be interesting though.

Berrer starts a sweeping swipe against functionaries
The president of the International Tennis Federation is a retard, besides there are morons and paper-pushers at the German Olympic Committee.about the missed participation of the Olympic Games and the responsible functionaries is still deep.

In a verbal sweeping swipe the Stuttgarter attacked again harshly the controversial nomination criterias for the tennis tournament in Beijing, after he first criticised himself because of the First Round loss at the US Open.

"What kind of criterias are these?"
Rainer Schüttler got explicit support of Berrer, who prosecuted his way into the Beijing draw at the CAS. The German Olympic committee asked for a Quarterfinal at a Grand Slam or a Masters Series tournament – and Berrer couldn‘t show up with that. "What kind of criterias are these? Then the half of the Track & Field athletes shouldn’t be let there," thought Berrer, who is a friend of Schüttler and was informed of the claim, which he supported.

Berrer or Gremelmayr should move up
The ITF asked to be within the best 56 players of the adjusted ranking. Schüttler didn’t meet those demands. That’s why the ITF at first demanded that first Denis Gremelmayr or Berrer move up. ITF-Boss Francesco Ricci-Bitti declared harshly Schüttler would take a place from a team mate.
"He mulcted me of the Olympics"

Berrer asked in an open letter an excuse, but got according to his own words only a "political letter" of Ricci-Bitti and is displeased about the fact that in Beijing players moved up who are in the Ranking far behind him. "There is then playing a guy who nobody knows," Berrer ranted and accused the ITF-Boss: "That guy mulcted me of the Olympics."

"Maybe there will be a revolution one day"
The 28-year-old wants to plead together with his colleagues of the ATP players council, that there aren’t anymore Rankng points for the results at the Olympic Games. The board is prominently staffed as never with the Top 3, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.and often criticised the ATP-Boss Etienne de Villiers, who retires at the end of the year, for his reform plans. Once he got going, Berrer, who is not known as rowdy, threatened: "We are able to say: We simply don’t play. Maybe there will be one day a revolution."

Here is the original German article.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote