MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - "Indoor" season 2008

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #21
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Indoor" season 2008

He says Petzsche's game is 'space', with a great serve and a completely "spineless" sliced BH. So he was trying to construct the points and not hurry too much. He's less and less crazy. "I'm feeling well because I'm working a lot on myself and on my game. I've gained more stability, consistency. I mean I adjusted very well to Petzschner's game. I'm not trying anymore to hit a winner just for the sake of it."
Rasheed is trying to change his strategy on the court and wants him to be more aggressive on the 2nd shot in his service games and in his returning games. To "take over" the game, to be the boss on the court. Which is not easy to do when one has played a purely retrieving game for a too long time. "It's more demanding physically and I have to contain my first reaction which is to step back. It won't work over night, but I'm working hard."
Rasheed is meaning business: "One needs to be completely dedicated to his job to reach the last quarter of a Slam. I know what I'm talking about, I experienced it with Lleyton. And I said it to Gaël the first time we met: with me, it's 100%. Otherwise I go back home."
About his match against Jo, Gaël says: "Honestly, I think Jo is the favourite. He played very good matches at the US Open, he's ahead of me in the rankings and he's a very complete player: huge serve, huge FH, now he's hitting huge on the BH side too and he's a Martian at the net! It will be a big match." He says he hopes they will have fun. "And that it's just the beginning of a long story. That we will play each other often in Slam semi-finals. That this first match won't be the last one."

Champion said he needs to do 1-2 steps back to adjust to the ball with his technique, now it sounds like Rasheed doesn't want him to do so... He always sounds so unsure about the most basic things in his game, poor guy. It's his fault too because he keeps changing coaches, but it must be completely confusing for him.

Last edited by Truc : 09-27-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote