MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - World Group Play-Offs: Korea Rep. at Netherlands (September 19-21, 2008)

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #26
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group Play-Offs: Korea Rep. at Netherlands (September 19-21, 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PereRibaFan View Post
Why is not Wassen in the Dutch team?

I know he's at Szczecin, but what's the reason he's not in the Davis Cup? He's the best doubles player in Netherlands.
He wasn't selected, basically because he's useless. His record in Davis Cup is horrible, in the matches he has played he was usually the worst player on court, and he takes up the spot of a singles player.

De Bakker, Haase, Huta Galung, Wessels and Middelkoop are all decent enough doubles players, so they might as well be selected to play the doubles match. Wassen, simply put, has little added value.

Moreover, I think that the fact that he is the highest-ranked Dutch doubles player does not mean he is also the best. This may sound crude, and I give the guy credit for trying, but Wassen simply is not that good. He's a very nice guy and he's making the most of his abilities, but he has no business being part of this DC team.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote