MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Shots you DON'T have in your arsenal

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #10
country flag Bernard Black

Bernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond reputeBernard Black has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shots you DON'T have in your arsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeter View Post
The overhead.
Argh, we should probably start a whole different thread on this one. I have trouble with it too.

It's so ironic, the shot the pros make look so easy for the most part is arguably the most difficult shot to master for an amateur. I think most decent amateurs have more than enough power to hit an effective overhead, it's just in the timing that it all goes wrong. The ball comes down at completely different speeds and angles depending on so many factors, I see so many 'easy' smashes shanked into the back fence.

I have much better technique for my backhand smash than forehand, so for the conventional overhead I've taken to adding more slice to control it and letting the ball bounce in some situations to make life easier.
Bernard Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote