MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

View Single Post

Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #67
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK, i am a Newbie to the tennis betting, but Should i go for it SERIOUSLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that View Post
I'll give you the same advice I give to all my friends.

Don't gamble.
Fuck me (not literally)...you dispense proper advice?

Totally agree.

FedAce...I respectfully agree with the others here in telling you that you aren't ready. As jayjay et al have already pointed out, there isn't necessarily a link between an 88% strike rate and netting a profit from this industry...at least, not when you're betting 1.10 shots. It CAN be done (see MC2 thread over at Betfair forums), but it takes a great level of skill (notably selectivity) - a level that the average Joe probably isn't at (see tennisinsight - some of the posters with the highest strike rates).

You need to know your sport extremely well...you obviously have a solid interest in it, so that is good ground to work from, but it could still take a while.

Finally, as malisha (?) says, it is probably best to work out a "staking strategy" so that you won't haemorrhage your life savings should you go on a poor run (a "cold streak" happens to everyone btw)...for me, anyway, money management is the key (assuming that everyone can pick a winner - a given) to potentially becoming a profitable bettor.

Different people take varying times to learn the basics, but it can take many months, even years.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!