MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Memorable matches

View Single Post

Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #30
country flag tennistim

tennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond reputetennistim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Memorable matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHunter View Post
I have one that always comes to mind:

It was the first round of the state playoffs, and I was playing doubles. It's not my strong suit; I'm better off in singles, but hey, my coach didn't listen. Oh well. My partner was getting sick from the heat, and not pulling his load, so I was trying to compensate. I was playing back, running to and fro returning balls, moving so much I barely had time to think. A slow shot came, and I hit a drop shot with heavy backspin; that's always been my specialty. The ball went over and rolled down the opposite side of the net, hit the ground, then bounced back up and over to my side. The opposing players just stood and stared, mouth agape, while my team went wild. We lost in the end, but it was a good game.
I once did that off the return of service when playing a club tournament. The club president saw it and said "Wow! You'll never see that in another 10 years!!".

I did it again 5 mins later.

It's not that difficult if you get a soft service. I have met a guy who did it twice in a match off a full blooded smash.