MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Best workout?

Thread: Best workout?
View Single Post

Old 09-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
country flag Michael Delaney

Michael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Delaney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best workout?

I believe that tennis training should focus on increasing endurance and agility.

It's hard to suggest anything without knowing your specific needs. In general best is to combine some weight training with lots of cardio.

All three workouts are great, you can combine all three and create one workout that works for you I think you have to have a complete training routine for every muscle group but rotator cuff, shoulders, lower back, biceps and triceps are the muscles that you can focus a bit more.

Two tips;
1.when you'll hit the weights you have to do at least 12-15 reps per set for endurance
2.you can add 30 seconds or 1 minute sprints to your running routine instead of going with the same pace.
Michael Delaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote