MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - It's nice to have you Carsten.

View Single Post

Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 AM   #60
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's nice to have you Carsten.

Article from TA Website

Ball gets the call-up for Chile

Melbourne,28 August 2008
Tennis Australia

Carsten Ball is on his way to Chile in September as part of the Optus Australian Davis Cup Team.

Getty Images

The Optus Australian Davis Cup selectors have rewarded Carsten Ball’s recent rankings surge with a place in the national squad for the crucial tie in Chile next month.

Australia faces a tough task on clay against Chile in its Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Play-off in Antofagasta.

Ball is the first player named in the squad, following his rise to 188 in the world with some good form on the circuit. The left-handed son of former Australian player Syd Ball (who reached 63 in the world) was Australia’s top performed junior in 2005 and this will be his second appearance in an Optus Australian Davis Cup squad after he was chosen for the hitting partner role in the Austria tie in Sydney in 2005.

Ball said it was a tough gig first time round but a good experience.

“They’ve invited me down there [Chile] so I will be a little bit more experienced and a little bit more ready to go.

“I'm looking forward to maybe fighting to get a spot on the team but I will just be happy to be there and supporting everybody and hopefully they want me to be there to try and better everybody else, which I am happy about,“ he said.

“His results in the last six months warrant his inclusion. He’s just turned 21 and he’s got his career ahead of him, I look forward to working with him,” Optus Davis Cup captain John Fitzgerald explained today.

Fitzgerald said the full squad wasn’t finalised yet and would be named late next week.
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote