MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - US Open 2008 : The Come Back

View Single Post

Old 08-28-2008, 05:56 AM   #37
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Open 2008 : The Come Back

Well done Jo! No thanks to ESPN , I only saw a little of the first set and glimpses of the other 3 sets, but I'm just so happy that he made it. I was impressed and very pleasantly surprised at the way he put the loss of the first set behind him and strode on to a comfortable victory. Saw a couple of sublime volleys & nice forehands; the errors are bound to happen as he's still rusty from lack of match practice and as long as his knee behaves, he can only just get better. I admit I was worried about his movement from what I saw of the first set and prayed that his knee would last in the match. I hope we'll soon get confirmation that he is fine - if not, then obviously his health is the most important. He's already exceeded my expectations in this first round - which was the toughest test he had to face - so anything else is really a bonus.

I'm so proud of you Jo! Good luck! Hope I will see more of you at least in the next round.