MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ~ James's Cheering Thread! ~ Rah rah rah! ~

View Single Post

Old 08-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #35
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheering on James in 2008!

Just adding some more photos from the Olympics here. Check out the one where he's shaking hands with Gonzo. Brrr.

*edit*

Some news from the USO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=3552906

Wednesday, Aug. 27

3:20 p.m.: James Blake
had a big smile on his face until his beloved New York Mets were mentioned. He was reminded the Mets blew a 7-0 lead to the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night, that bullpen faltering again, to slip a half game behind the Phils in the National League East with time running out.

"I was having a good day until you just said that,'' Blake muttered, a throng of fans chanting, "James, James, James,'' in the background lifting his spirits.

At least he's still around.

Blake, unlike the pen, held on in his opener against prodigy Donald Young on Monday night, waltzing through the first and third sets, and ultimately needing a fifth to advance. He admitted afterwards he didn't exactly know where he was, all the travel in the last few months taking a toll.

Blake went deep at the Olympics in Beijing, upsetting Federer in the quarterfinals and finishing fourth. His next opponent is unpredictable Belgian Steve Darcis; take away an indoor title in Memphis and a final appearance last month in the Netherlands and Darcis has gone 8-12 since the beginning of February.

"Those are always dangerous players to play against, especially when they've got nothing to lose because they're liable to be hot,'' Blake said. "So you kind of have to weather the storm sometimes at first and just not let that get to you and know you can raise your game even if they're hot.''

Oh, Blake is sticking to his story regarding the contentious encounter with Fernando Gonzalez in Beijing. Blake accused Gonzalez of unsporting behaviour, thinking the Chilean should have fessed up when a backhand passing shot appeared to graze his racket with Blake up 9-8 in the third and final set before the ball sailed long. There was no call, despite Blake's protests, and Gonzalez took a 15-0 lead.

On Monday, Gonzalez's coach, experienced American Larry Stefanki, said Blake went too far.

"If Larry thinks I went over the top, that's his opinion, but I don't remember him ever competing for a medal,'' Blake spewed. "He's speaking from not being in that situation, not being in that same experience.''
Attached Images
File Type: jpg da33ea42ac099a314bbfe2d3ed858f0c-getty-oly-2008-tennis-srb-usa.jpg (337.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg e9cbf096becf6dba915455cd68dfd1cc-getty-oly-2008-tennis-srb-usa.jpg (315.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ccb306ff6357b4c05bd8f75ee620b112-getty-oly-2008-tennis-srb-usa.jpg (308.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 41632216.jpg (25.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 610x-1.jpg (57.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 610x.jpg (37.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 340x.jpg (41.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 340x-1.jpg (27.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 610x-2.jpg (63.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 340x-2.jpg (37.9 KB, 2 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 08-27-2008 at 07:33 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote