MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - betting-job

Thread: betting-job
View Single Post

Old 08-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #47
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: betting-job

Article :

Do you have what it takes to be a pro gambler?

This article is in particular for people who wonder whether you yourself, or someone you know can make a living off the income from sports betting.
I have been a semi or fully professional sports gambler for 14 years. Its been a long and early on especially a bumpy ride. Starting out for the first 5 years nearly everyone doubted me succeeding. To be fair those first 5 years or so, were when most of my mistakes where made.
Ahead to today and my capping methods are now at a point where it takes me far less time to cap my card for the day than what it used to. My results are as good as ever and some of those same people who doubted me initially, now never question my success or not. They know I grind out profits year after year. Yes I have losing weeks, but in the long term I come out ahead. One of the best things I like about my life I live, is being able to have the freedom to do what I want when I want and no boss telling me what to do.

Below is a checklist :

*You need the discipline to stick to your capping methods for all bets and never force a bet.

*Many years of experience in the game. That has taught you to never to chase and bet a too high a % of your bankroll.

*Capping methods that produce a proven long term record of profit. A big enough bankroll so that yearly average R.O.I. (return on investment) is enough to live on.

*Do you take to sports gambling like a duck takes to water? In other words do you grasp sports betting terms and meanings and concepts easily? or do you often have to go over them many times before you understand.

*Passion for sports betting. Without this your longevity won't cut it.

If you answered yes to all those questions you are a rare breed and have a legitimate shot. On the other hand If you answered no to any of the above, I'm afraid the reality is you are unlikely to make it. Harsh it may sound, but that is the reality.
The ratio of those who can make it is estimated to be around 1-2%. To this day everyone I have talked to who has shown an interest, I have advised them NOT to try and live off the income of sportsbetting. If I ever meet and have a conversation to the exceptional person who I believe can make it, I will tell them so, but as I say I'm yet to go there.

dave nz
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote