MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Summer hardcourt season 2008

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #68
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer hardcourt season 2008

The journalist tells him the atmosphere was quite weird for such a big match, a stadium with 10 000 seats and almost completely empty. He answers he didn't even take notice, he was so focused.
He feels better and better physically. It isn't so hot anymore. Winning tough matches gave him confidence and he's feeling well now. He didn't have any lapse of concentration for a change. It was a very serious match from him and he's happy with his performance.
He's been practicing well after a little break (he means the time after Wimbledon, I think - the injury and the change of coach). He deserves these wins. He played well in the US hardcourt tournaments, Andreev was just too good for him on that day. And in Cincinnati he was sick, but his victories here are the consequence of the work done in the past 2 months. Now he'll have to confirm these good results.
The next match will be a big match again. They know each other for a long time with Novak. He has a revenge to take since Nole beat him at home last time (in RG 2006). He knows how he will play against him, but he doesn't want to say more.
The journalist asks if the Frenchies are more motivated than players from other countries for the Olympics. He says that everybody would like to win a medal. There were Argentine athletes from other sports tonight to support Nalbandian. He certainly didn't tank.
He thinks he can still improve some little things in his game. It's not easy. He has to stay closer to his baseline. And he can also improve some tactical things he has worked on with Roger (so he's still working with Rasheed, I'm very relieved! )

Last edited by Truc : 08-13-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote