MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - *******Hard Court Season Pictures*******

View Single Post

Old 07-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #82
country flag riddle05580

riddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond reputeriddle05580 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *******Hard Court Season Pictures*******

From sadie on rogerfederer.com

Quote:

and then Jose came onto the court, followed a few minutes later by guess who?

The court quickly filled up with spectators and people were very supportive of Roger and very excited to see him. He and Tommy(Haas) practiced for at least 1-1/2 maybe 2 hours ... for me time stood still. They hit for quite a while and then played at least one set, maybe two. Roger came up with some brilliant shots, but to be honest, seemed a little off. Same with Tommy. They both seemed a bit grumpy out there but would then joke around with each other, so it was hard to tell. Watching Roger up close like that is such an amazing experience. His footwoork -- always moving, splitting -- is unbelievable and the power of his forehand never ceases to amaze me no matter how many times I've seen him hit down-the-line winners, and he hit one yesterday that was unbelievable.

He signed autographs afterwards and it was amazingly mellow ... not everyone stayed for the entire practice and the grounds are not nearly as full as during the week, so the perfect time to hang out here. I have a Suisse DC shirt with his name on the back that I got in Basel a few years ago and, while he worked his way closer, focusing on signing autographs, I said, "Hi Roger." He looked up and, even though I'm sure he doesn't remember my name, did recognize me, smiled, asked me how I was, and signed my shirt. I told him that it was great to see him and he smiled and continued signing autographs and took pictures with a few people and left the court.

riddle05580 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote