MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Most aces hit in a match (more than 30)

View Single Post

Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #108
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most aces hit in a match (more than 30)

^^

Well statistics we have on the atp site are taking directly from the umpires. Some umpires (Layhani for instance) count aces when the ball hit the frame of the raqcuet.(Karlovic hit 12 aces against Maximo Gonzalez, not 15).
Statistics we saw on the IBM sites are from IBM "employee" although the stats on the atp website are still from the umpire scorecard.
So taking the lower amount of aces between the two could be a smart idea although i know instance where it's wrong, Karlovic was credited 28 aces against Agassi by the umpire, the correct number is 30 (I have the DVD), umpire surely more focused with announcing the score may have forgotten a couple of aces.

I hope it's clarifying the situation. Tennis isn't baseball they don't care much about statistics.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote