MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Hardcourt season 2008

View Single Post

Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #45
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hardcourt season 2008

The joke of the day:
Serve-and-volley game gets Simon to quarterfinals at Indianapolis

Seriously, it must have been some really ugly performance if even he says: "I just tried to put the ball inside. Nothing more".
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (AFP) - Gilles Simon was puzzling over his own French paradox after defeating German Benjamin Becker 7-5, 3-6, 6-0 to reach the quarter-finals of the ATP Indianapolis Tennis Championships.

"I honestly don't know what happened on court during the second set which I lost and the third which I won," said the number 25 who moved into his fifth last-eight appearance of the season.

The winner of three career titles including Casablanca on clay in May, remains in the chase for his first career trophy on hardcourt.

But Simon can't understand how he got through on a hot afternoon in the Midwest. "It was not a great match for either of us, the level was not good.

"But between the second set and the third, I didn't find anything new on the court. My level remained the same, I don't understand how I won."

Simon and Becker worked for nearly two hours in steaming conditions, with the French seed breaking six times and firing eight aces while dropping his own serve three times.

"I hope the next round is easier," said Simon, who admitted he had trouble controlling the ball. "I had to really focus on every shot.

"It's tough when you are not in control of the ball. But if I can't play better in the next round, at least I hope I can win it."

The Frenchman, who lost in the Wimbledon third round to compatriot Richard Gasquet and then took a fortnight off, said he was shaky on serve.

"It went off a bit turning my time away. I'll put in some training tomorrow and hopefully be ready on Friday."
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/160720...dy-tennis.html
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote